The following programs are presented by The Resource Place at the JCC.
Do you ever wonder which foods are truly healthy? Join us for a discussion of common food myths and learn what foods really ARE the most beneficial for YOU. Have your food myth questions answered!
There is such an abundance of produce at this time of year. Learn how to navigate farm markets and choose the best fruits and vegetables. Recipes and information on how to cook fresh produce will be provided.
Meet Outside the JCC, Depart at 7:30am sharp / Return approx 6pm.
Bus Trip to Turning Stone Casino! Cost includes bus fare, $25 casino cash and $5 food voucher-basically no cost, just a great group to go with.
Please register online at jccrochester.org or at the JCC Main Desk
*Pick up & drop off at Exit 44 , Canandaigua @ 8am.
Open/drop in studio where you can bring your jewelry making materials and create your own pieces. An instructor will be there to guide or help you make special pieces of jewelry. Please call for a list of suggested supplies.
Come and have a complimentary glass of wine and some fun with musical guest, Warren Paul. He is one of the most touching, gifted as well as hilarious songwriters in the Rochester area. Warren has won numerous awards and was once named Best Acoustic Performer in Central, New York.
Looking to meet new people with similar interests; discover something new about a friend; or maybe even find your true love? If so QuichChat is for you!
This 20-person speed dating event gives you 5 minutes to find out about your table-mate. Use our questions or bring your own, but be strategic, because once the bell rings, off to the next table you go!
Join the adventure; you never know when a quick chat may change your life.
QuickChat is limited to 10 women and 10 men. Registration will be on a first come first served basis, so sign up now!
Price includes light appetizers
Mike Miller has been telling stories as a teacher, camp counselor, and professional storyteller for over 30 years. He loves entertaining grandparents, parents and children of all ages. Join us for this FREE monthly event.
InstructorKate O'Brien, BSW, MS, MHSA, Supervior of Community Case Management, JFS
Get the support you need to help care for your aging parent or loved one. Pre-registration is required 48 hours prior to a group meeting.
Upcoming Meeting Dates: December 15, January 19, February 16
Have you always wanted to paint, or are you a more experienced artist seeking inspiration from like-minded friends? Work in the media of your choice from acrylics, oils, water color, and colored pencils to mixed media and enjoy demonstrations from guest artists. All ages and abilities are welcome. Painting coupon booklets must be purchased at the Main Desk to enter the class.
Girl Power is an innovative self-empowerment program for 5th-8th grade girls emphasizing being comfortable in your own skin. Combining an hour of yoga with discussion, journal writing and art, we explore how to manage stress and delve into how the media, self-care, our feelings and our thoughts influence our choices. This program also teaches media literacy (how to think differently about the images that are put upon us as women and girls by the media).
Sign your daughter up for one or all three programs. Each two hour workshop will focus on a different topic and each yoga portion of the class will introduce new poses that connect with the day's theme.
Sunday, March 8, 3-5 pm What Self Care Really Means
Sunday, April 12, 3-5 pm How Our Feelings and Thoughts Influence Our Choices
Sunday, May 3, 3-5 pm Media Literacy- How the Media Wants Us to Feel Bad about Ourselves and What we Can do About It
A brain fitness program to help you stay mentally sharp throughout life. Join us for educational workshops that will teach you about the life style choices and activities you can do to maintain and even improve your brain health.
10 Steps to Brain Fitness
Tuesday, June 9 2-3:30 pm
Only 30% of how well we age is controlled by our genes, the other 70% is up to you! The bulk of how well you age is affected by your activities and the lifestyle choices you make. This workshop teaches you what you need to incorporate into your life to stay as mentally sharp as possible. We will cover important topics such as diet, exercise, sleep, stress reduction and memory fitness.
Laughter and the Mind Body Connection
Tuesday, August 25 2:00- 3:00 pm
You will learn the physical and emotional health benefits of humor and laughter and bring more laughter into your life! Learn about the top 10 reasons to laugh and how laughter relates to your brain health.
Facilitator: Emily Krohn, LCSW-R, CDP, Co-Owner Connection Compass, Certified Super Noggin Instructor