JCC CenterStage Auditions
2015-16 JCC CenterStage Season Auditions
Other Desert Cities
Directed by David Runzo
A searing comedy-drama by Jon Robin Baitz. The joys of a family reunion quickly unravel when a prodigal daughter returns to her family's Palm Springs home and announces plans to publish a childhood memoir. As her retired ambassador father, image-conscious mother, rehabbing aunt and ne'er-do-well brother team up to stop her, long-held family secrets continue to be revealed.
AUDITION DATES: Sunday, December 13 at 6 pm
REHEARSALS BEGIN: February 2016
PRODUCTION DATES: April 2-17, 2016
- Brooke Wyeth a writer (30/40s)
- Tripp Wyeth, her brother, younger by several years
- Polly Wyeth, their mother (Late 50s-60s)
- SIlda Grauman, Polly's sister (Late 50s-60s)
- The role of Lyman Wyeth is already cast
Auditions will be readings from the script.
General Information for all JCC Auditions:
- For musicals, come prepared to sing 32 bars of a prepared song. Accompanist provided. Please bring sheet music in the correct key. Please select a song appropriate to the style of the production. Please dress prepared for a dance audition as well. No bare feet. The audition will start with a dance audition for all audition candidates. Then, each person, will since their song in the order in which they arrived.
- Auditions for plays will involve reading from the script. It is suggested you have read the script in advance and are familiar with the characters/context. Most scripts available by email upon request.
- Rehearsals are evenings and weekends, 3-5 days per week depending on the production. Please bring a list of all rehearsal conflicts. We try to work around minimal conflicts if identified at auditions.
- Adult performers are paid a stipend which varies by show and role. SummerStage performers are not paid, but there is no fee to enroll in SummerStage. It is an open audition.
- JCC CenterStage auditions are open to all performers regardless of race or religion. We practice color-blind casting whenever possible. You do not need to be a JCC member to participate.
- Call backs (when needed) are generally the day after the open auditions.