CenterStage Theatre Auditions
Auditions for CenterStage Theatre at the JCC
AUDITIONS: Coney Island Christmas
Auditions: Wednesday Sept 7 at 4:30pm and 7pm.
This revival from last season will be performed December 15-18, 2016
Directed by Jeff Siuda
ADULT ROLES AVAILABLE
Mr. Hilton – age 20-30s, the drama teacher.
Miss Glace – age 20s, the music teacher (basic piano skills helpful but not required)
YOUTH ROLES AVAILABLE (Characters are all around age 12. Casting open to kids ages 9-16)
Evie Slotnick – Shirley's best friend.
Jack Sauerfeld – Shirley's crush.
Ira Pushkov – the wisenheimer in Shirley's class.
Henry, Anna and 4-6 additional classmates, pagent performers
The roles of: Shirley Abramowitz, Young Shirley, Clara, Mr. Abramowitz and Mrs. Abramowitz are being reprised by last year's cast.
Performers all sing holiday songs during the show but there is no vocal audition.
AUDITIONS: The Hit Makers
Auditions: Thursday, Sept 29 at 6pm
Music Rehearsals will scattered in Nov/Dec and get more active in January.
Performances: Feb 4-19, 2017
Directed by Ralph Meranto, Music Direction by Casey Filiaci, Choreography by Mandy Hassett
Original revue featuring the Counter Culture music of the 1960.
Looking for 6-8 singers and performers. Audition will be you choice of songs from the tenative set list. Email for a list of potential songs.
AUDITIONS: The Flick, by Annie Baker
Auditions: Sunday, December 11 at 4:30 PM
First rehearsal January 15, 2017
Performances: March 4 - 19, 2017
Three underpaid employees of a run-down movie theater tear tickets, clean up popcorn and attend to one of the few remaining 35 millimeter film projectors in usage.
3 men ages 18-36 (1 African American, 1 Caucasian, 1 flexible race)
1 woman age 25-36
Directed by David Runzo
AUDITIONS: Titanic, the Musical
Auditions: Monday, December 19 at 6pm (Call Backs 12/20)
Rehearsals begin: March 19, 2017
Performances: May 6-21, 2017
Directed by Ralph Meranto and Esther Winter, Music Direction by Casey Filiaci
This is the chamber version of TITANIC which involves doubling. Roles for 14 Men and 6 Women.
Most will play multiple roles. Email for a script so you can prepare based on the different character tracks.
Auditions should be a prepared musical theatre song in the style of the show that shows your vocal ability and control. (Think classic Broadway, No pop tunes, charcater songs or rock musical songs please)
General Information for all JCC Auditions:
- For musicals, come prepared to sing 32 bars of a prepared song. Accompanist provided. Please bring sheet music in the correct key. Please select a song appropriate to the style of the production. Please dress prepared for a dance audition as well. No bare feet. The audition will start with a dance audition for all audition candidates. Then, each person, will since their song in the order in which they arrived.
- Auditions for plays will involve reading from the script. It is suggested you have read the script in advance and are familiar with the characters/context. Most scripts available by email upon request.
- Rehearsals are evenings and weekends, 3-5 days per week depending on the production. Please bring a list of all rehearsal conflicts. We try to work around minimal conflicts if identified at auditions.
- Adult performers are paid a stipend which varies by show and role. Youth performers are not paid. SummerStage performers are not paid, but there is no fee to enroll in SummerStage. It is an open audition.
- JCC CenterStage auditions are open to all performers regardless of race or religion. We practice color-blind casting whenever possible. You do not need to be a JCC member to participate.
- Call backs (when needed) are generally the day after the open auditions.