CenterStage Theatre Auditions
Auditions for CenterStage Theatre at the JCC
Audtions for the currect season are completed. Fall season to be announces soon.
JCC SummerStage presents:
BRING IT ON! The Musical
Auditions May 30 and 31 at 6pm. Call Backs June 1
Roles for male and female high school and college kids of ALL RACES.
Cheerleading experience is NOT required for all roles.
Detaos to be posted soon.
General Information for all JCC Auditions:
- For musicals, come prepared to sing 32 bars of a prepared song. Accompanist provided. Please bring sheet music in the correct key. Please select a song appropriate to the style of the production. Please dress prepared for a dance audition as well. No bare feet. The audition will start with a dance audition for all audition candidates. Then, each person, will since their song in the order in which they arrived.
- Auditions for plays will involve reading from the script. It is suggested you have read the script in advance and are familiar with the characters/context. Most scripts available by email upon request.
- Rehearsals are evenings and weekends, 3-5 days per week depending on the production. Please bring a list of all rehearsal conflicts. We try to work around minimal conflicts if identified at auditions.
- Adult performers are paid a stipend which varies by show and role. Youth performers are not paid. SummerStage performers are not paid, but there is no fee to enroll in SummerStage. It is an open audition.
- JCC CenterStage auditions are open to all performers regardless of race or religion. We practice color-blind casting whenever possible. You do not need to be a JCC member to participate.
- Call backs (when needed) are generally the day after the open auditions.