Thank you for your interest in working at Camp Sisol!
We are now accepting applications for Summer 2016!
- Counselor: Work with kindergarten through 9th graders, leading activities, and providing direct care to children. The ideal candidate will effectively supervise, lead and organize groups of campers and work well with co-counselors.
- Special Needs Counselor: Work with the co-counselors and campers and assist campers with special needs in meeting their goals and effectively participating in the camp experience. Experience working with children with special needs is required
- Program Specialist: Plan and implement activities for groups of children in kindergarten through 9th grade. Program Specialists incorporate the weekly theme into their activities and assist children in developing new skills in their specific program area. The ideal candidate will have experience working with children in his/her specific program area (athletics, adventure, nature, drama, music, or art).
- Unit Head: Manage and supervise an age group consisting of up to four sub-groups with at least 2 counselors each. Duties include managing and supervising staff, planning and leading some activities, problem solving with children, and communicating effectively with parents and other staff. Ideal candidates will have significant experience with children, parents, and management.
- Program Assistant: Assist in planning and implementing special activities and programs at camp. These activities include leading Friday programs, coordinating hobby options on a daily basis, organizing and purchasing supplies, and other administrative tasks and office support. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, and have experience working with children and planning children's programs.
- Infirmary Staff: Duties include performing first aid, administering medications, managing health needs of campers, and communicating with camp staff as well as parents. Additionally, the camp nurse will be responsible for administrative aspects of health care. Either an RN/LPN or EMT certification is required, and experience working with children is strongly preferred.
- Hobby Camp Counselor: Work with kindergarten through 6th graders, leading activities, and providing direct care to children. The ideal candidate will effectively supervise, lead and organize groups of campers and work well with co-counselors. This position is one week long, either June 27-July 1 and/or August 29-September 2.
- Hobby Camp Leader: Plan and implement activities for a group of children in kindergarten through 6th grade. Program areas include athletics, nature, drama and art. The ideal candidate will have experience working with children in his/her specific program area. This position is one week long, either June 27-July 1 and/or August 29-September 2.
- Aquatics Director: Oversees all of the swimming activities at camp, including supervising lifeguards and swim instructors, and overseeing the swim lesson program, as well as implementing the camp safety plan. The ideal candidate will be at least 21 years of age and have at least one summer of previous experience as a camp aquatics director, or two seasons of experience as a camp lifeguard. Lifeguard certification and experience managing an outdoor pool is required.
- Media Specialist: The main goal is to enhance our online presence. Tasks include writing a daily blog post, Facebook and Google + posts, updating the website and calendar, as well as categorizing the camp photographs. The ideal candidate will have excellent written communication skills, experience with social and other media, and an ability to work independently.
- Hobby Plan Template
- Orientation Dates (2016) - orientation begins in June
- 2016 Staff Manual
- Personnel Policies (2016)
Why do you work at Camp Sisol?
"I love the supportive atmosphere for campers and staff, and the sense of community Camp Sisol fosters. It was really encouraging to see campers excited to come back each week, and to see new friendships being formed."
- Maggie Luddy, Tzofim counselor