The Max Adler Pool is one of the busiest areas of the JCC, with over 400 participants per day. While Lap Swimming is a high priority, we also must allow time for Water Exercise Classes, Red Cross Swimming Lessons, Nursery and Day Care classes, After School Care, Vacation Club, and Arthritis Association Programs. Please understand that more than one activity may be going on, and only one area of the pool may be available for your use.
General Pool Rules
- The Lifeguard on duty has complete and final authority in usage and rule enforcement.
- Food and glass containers are not permitted in the pool area.
- Adults MUST accompany all children 9 years and under, regardless of their swimming ability, when using the pool. Any child who is a non-swimmer regardless of age must be within arm's reach of an adult at all times. A swimmer is defined as one who can jump into the deep end and swim on his/her stomach to the shallow end.
- Children's water wings and other flotation devices are allowed in the shallow end only when assisted by an adult in the water at all times (within arm's reach).
- The KIDDIE pool is restricted to non-swimmers under the age of 6. All children must be within arm's reach of an adult while in the KIDDIE pool. This requires the parent to have a bathing suit on and be in the water with the child at all time. Parents are responsible for the safety of their children while in the KIDDIE pool.
- A plain forward dive is permitted in water 8 ft. or deeper. Diving in the shallow end is prohibited.
- Running, pushing, throwing (objects), horseplay, and submerged kickboards will NOT be tolerated. Violators will be ejected from the pool area.
- NO urinating, spitting, nose blowing, or discharge of fecal matter is allowed.
Parents are asked to dress small children in appropriate bathing suits, with swim pull-ups or snug fitting plastic pants under their bathing suit. Any small child not dressed appropriately for the pool may not be allowed to swim.
The Health Department has stated that when a pool defecation incident occurs, the following precautions must be followed:
- Immediately vacate the pool
- “Shock” the pool
- Keep the pool closed until chemicals have been stabilized.