In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at the JCC are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. The JCC does not discriminate on the basis of any protected class and follows all applicable federal and state laws. We are committed to providing the best possible climate for maximum development and achievement of goals for all employees.
Member Service Representative
This is a part-time position offering 10-15 hours per week. Member Service Representatives provide a wide variety of ongoing services to members, guests, and staff, including conducting all financial transactions and switchboard operations. Check-in and warmly greet all members and guests while serving as a security checkpoint. Serve all the various departments within the JCC and keep abreast of the multitude of changing JCC programs and offerings in the areas of: fitness, aquatics, Jewish life, youth programming, summer camp, theater, special programs, classes/seminars, the film and book festivals, and more. Register participants in classes and programs.
Education: High school diploma required, bachelor's degree preferred
Experience: 2-4 years of work-related experience or training
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have strong computer skills, knowledge of Microsoft Word and the internet. Familiarity with an on-line payroll system is a plus.
Other Requirements: Ability to work well in a busy environment and interact with a diverse membership and staff population.
· Customer service experience required
· Proficient on a computer, phone skills and multi-tasking are a must
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required, using common sense, analytical skills and a friendly, logical approach to interactions
· Strong basic math/finance skills – judiciously managing multiple financial transactions using various forms of payment
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, grasping and twisting
· Lift and/or move up to 5 pounds
· Use of computer keyboard
· Conduct tour of facility
Must be available to work on Sundays from 1 pm until 5 pm. Other shifts throughout the week are available.
Camp Maintenance Worker (Seasonal)
Human Resource Director
Director of Human Resources
Jewish Community Center
The Jewish Community of Greater Rochester has an immediate need for a Director of Human Resources. This position reports to the Associate Executive Director of Administration and directs the day-to-day operations of the Human Resources office; manages the administration of human resources policies, procedures and programs; carries out agency wide human resources activities including recruitment and staffing logistics, employee relations, training and development, compensation and benefits and supervises the Payroll Coordinator. This is a part-time exempt position.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Coordinate JCC recruiting efforts, including internal and external job postings.
• Research, develop, and stay current on recruiting resources
• Handles employee relations including identification of issues and recommending and/or implementing resolution; provide confidential environment for discussion with and counseling of employees.
• Coaches employees, supervisors and managers regarding workplace issues such as performance, career planning and employee relations, ensuring that consistency is maintained and policies are applied in a non-discriminatory manner.
• Recommends employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale.
• Conducts investigation when employee complaints and concerns are identified.
• Monitors and advises managers in the discipline procedures of the agency. Monitors the implementation of a performance improvement process with non-performing employees.
• Lead agency compliance with governmental and labor legal and government reporting requirements, legal requirements affecting human resource functions and ensured policies, procedures and reporting are in compliance.
• Analyze benefits needs of JCC. Work with benefits broker to make sure plans meet the needs of employees. Research new benefits offerings, plan design changes, and resources.
• Educate employees regarding benefits options and features. Handle employee inquiries and help resolve issues regarding benefits.
• Conduct annual Open Enrollment process, assist employees throughout the year to resolve on-going employee benefit issues.
• Administer JCC 403(b) plan. Provide opportunities for employee education regarding retirement planning.
• Identify and work with providers for benefits administration, including Cobra and HRA.
• Provide training to supervisors on personnel policies and procedures.
• Identify management training resources for in-house and on-line trainings.
• Coordinate all job descriptions, analyze job classifications, coordinate JCC compensation planning and pay ranges.
• Back up for ADP Payroll as needed.
• Supervises Payroll Coordinator
• Design personnel forms and procedures and direct the maintenance of personnel files.
• Maintain JCC Employee Handbook and other employee-related policies and procedures and update as necessary.
• Administer collective bargaining agreements. Participate in collective bargaining as lead management representative. Interface with union representatives as issues arise.
Credentials and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree (B.A.) preferred, or equivalent experience with current professional experience
• 4- 6 years related experience or training; experience with ADP payroll helpful; supervisory experience required.
The JCC's Wolk Children's Center, located in Rochester, NY is seeking qualified candidates for a full-time Assistant Teacher to join our professional faculty. The JCC Wolk Children's Center provides exemplary early care and education for children 8 weeks through Pre-k.
Candidates must have experience and possess a passion for working with young children in a school setting, be warm, caring, nurturing, patient, creative, and flexible and possess a strong work ethic. Must have the strength, endurance and vigilance required to maintain supervision of children, including sitting on the floor, lifting and carrying children up to 40 pounds.
Must have open availability 7am – 6pm.
Assistant Teacher – Minimum requirement of a High School Diploma with one + years of successful experience working in a school setting with young children. Must be warm, nurturing and have a passion for making a positive impact on the lives of young children. Current CPR, First Aid and MAT certification is recommended.
Excellent benefits including a JCC Membership, Vacation, Sick and Personal paid time off.
In general, the Aquatics Director will oversee all aspects of the Max Adler pool. Additionally, he/she will provide support for Seneca Lake aquatics programming, as needed.
· Hiring and training of all Aquatics staff.
· Creating and managing all Aquatics Programs.
· Imputing information in Daxko (internal database system).
· Ongoing management of safety protocols, rules, equipment, members and staff.
· Work closely with Maintenance department to keep pool safe and clean for members, guests and staff. Includes monitoring chemicals, temperature, lights, equipment and any other safety hazard that needs repair.
· Work closely with other departments for any Aquatics related programs.
· Ongoing Lifeguard Training, CPR, and AED. Provide oxygen certifications and re-certifications for staff.
· Prepare and manage both JCC and Markus Park pool budgets.
· Provide exceptional Customer Service.
· Work closely with marketing department to promote Aquatic programs in a timely fashion, by submitting magazine information, e-blast information, updating website and mobile app information, facebook, schedules and any other information or programs related to the pool.
· Stay up-to-date with the latest trends in Aquatics programs and fitness.
· Submit payroll accurately and on-time.
· Schedule coverage for both pools, lifeguards, swim instructors, and aerobic instructors.
· Cover classes, lessons, deck times if needed.
· Work with other FWR staff, as in OD.
Supervisory Responsibilities include oversight and supervision of Assistant Aquatics Director, Lifeguards, Swim Instructors, Aerobics Instructors, and Markus Park Pool Staff.
Education: Associate degree
Certifications: Lifeguard, CPR for the PR, First Aid, AED, Oxygen, WSI, Lifeguard trainer, AEA Instructor, and Aquactic Personal Trainer.
Experience: 4-6 years related experience or training. Candidates should have a working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and various social media outlets.
We are currently seeking a candidate to serve in our Maintenance Department at our Brighton location. This is a part-time position working Saturday & Sunday 7 am until 3:30 pm.
Responsibilities include performing minor repairs/maintenance (electrical, plumbing, pools, hot tubs and HVAC) on equipment and facilities. Additional responsibilities include some landscaping, lawn mowing, and snow removal. 1 to 2 years experience or training in building and mechanical equipment maintenance and repair. Good customer service skills required. All candidates must possess a good work ethic and have reliable transportation. A Certified Swimming Pool Operator Certificate is desired but not required.
Locker Room Staff
This is a part time Customer Service position in the Men's upscale locker room. The 10 to 15 hour per week position will cover week nights and Saturday afternoons. Fitness experience is preferred. Customer service experience is required. AED/CPR is required.
Officer on Duty
The Officer on Duty is responsible to:
Supervise the on-duty staff within the FWR department as well as assist with JCC building wide operations.
Directly ensure members have enjoyable fitness experience by giving tours, greeting, address issues and respond to emergencies.
Ensure facility is properly staffed and prepared for daily operations
This position requires problem-solving, multi-tasking, punctual abilities and adherence to JCC policy and procedures.
This position also requires minimal clerical and housekeeping duties
High School or GED and prior customer service experience in a fitness environment. AED/CPR required.
This is a part time position weekday evenings and weekends.