In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at the JCC are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. The JCC does not discriminate on the basis of any protected class and follows all applicable federal and state laws. We are committed to providing the best possible climate for maximum development and achievement of goals for all employees.
Summer Aquatics Positions
The JCC is seeking staff for summer aquatics positions including:
· Swim Instructor
· Lifeguard/Head Lifeguard
· Summer Camp Aquatics Director
· Nights and Weekends Pool Manager
Some of the skills/experience we seek includes:
· Managing aquatics staff
· Staff training and recertification
o CPR/First Aid
· Customer Service
· Program design/execution
· Pool Operations Management certification or experience
The leadership positions will include responsibility for:
· Safe operation of the pool in keeping with regulations and best practices for the
· Work with our maintenance and housekeeping staff to ensure the cleanliness and attractive appearance of our facilities
· Maintain a welcoming customer service experience for our guests
· Integrate with other programs on the park site including options for individuals, groups and families
· Manage aquatics and program staff
The JCC's Wolk Children's Center, located in Rochester, NY is seeking qualified candidates for a full-time Assistant Teacher to join our professional faculty. The JCC Wolk Children's Center provides exemplary early care and education for children 8 weeks through Pre-k.
Candidates must have experience and possess a passion for working with young children in a school setting, be warm, caring, nurturing, patient, creative, and flexible and possess a strong work ethic. Must have the strength, endurance and vigilance required to maintain supervision of children, including sitting on the floor, lifting and carrying children up to 40 pounds.
Must have open availability 7am – 6pm.
Assistant Teacher – Minimum requirement of a High School Diploma with one + years of successful experience working in a school setting with young children. Must be warm, nurturing and have a passion for making a positive impact on the lives of young children. Current CPR, First Aid and MAT certification is recommended.
Excellent benefits including a JCC Membership, Vacation, Sick and Personal paid time off.
In general, the Aquatics Director will oversee all aspects of the Max Adler pool. Additionally, he/she will provide support for Seneca Lake aquatics programming, as needed.
· Hiring and training of all Aquatics staff.
· Creating and managing all Aquatics Programs.
· Imputing information in Daxko (internal database system).
· Ongoing management of safety protocols, rules, equipment, members and staff.
· Work closely with Maintenance department to keep pool safe and clean for members, guests and staff. Includes monitoring chemicals, temperature, lights, equipment and any other safety hazard that needs repair.
· Work closely with other departments for any Aquatics related programs.
· Ongoing Lifeguard Training, CPR, and AED. Provide oxygen certifications and re-certifications for staff.
· Prepare and manage both JCC and Markus Park pool budgets.
· Provide exceptional Customer Service.
· Work closely with marketing department to promote Aquatic programs in a timely fashion, by submitting magazine information, e-blast information, updating website and mobile app information, facebook, schedules and any other information or programs related to the pool.
· Stay up-to-date with the latest trends in Aquatics programs and fitness.
· Submit payroll accurately and on-time.
· Schedule coverage for both pools, lifeguards, swim instructors, and aerobic instructors.
· Cover classes, lessons, deck times if needed.
· Work with other FWR staff, as in OD.
Supervisory Responsibilities include oversight and supervision of Assistant Aquatics Director, Lifeguards, Swim Instructors, Aerobics Instructors, and Markus Park Pool Staff.
Education: Associate degree
Certifications: Lifeguard, CPR for the PR, First Aid, AED, Oxygen, WSI, Lifeguard trainer, AEA Instructor, and Aquactic Personal Trainer.
Experience: 4-6 years related experience or training. Candidates should have a working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and various social media outlets.
We are currently seeking 2 candidates to serve in our Maintenance Department at our Brighton location.
Our full-time Maintenance position hours are Monday - Friday 11:30 am until 8 pm. Our part-time position hours are Saturday & Sunday 7 am until 3:30 pm.
Responsibilities include performing minor repairs/maintenance (electrical, plumbing, pools, hot tubs and HVAC) on equipment and facilities. Additional responsibilities include some landscaping, lawn mowing, and snow removal. 1 to 2 years experience or training in building and mechanical equipment maintenance and repair. Good customer service skills required. All candidates must possess a good work ethic and have reliable transportation. A Certified Swimming Pool Operator Certificate is desired but not required.
Locker Room Staff
This is a part time Customer Service position in the Men's upscale locker room. The 10 to 15 hour per week position will cover week nights and Saturday afternoons. Fitness experience is preferred. Customer service experience is required. AED/CPR is required.
Officer on Duty
The Officer on Duty is responsible to:
Supervise the on-duty staff within the FWR department as well as assist with JCC building wide operations.
Directly ensure members have enjoyable fitness experience by giving tours, greeting, address issues and respond to emergencies.
Ensure facility is properly staffed and prepared for daily operations
This position requires problem-solving, multi-tasking, punctual abilities and adherence to JCC policy and procedures.
This position also requires minimal clerical and housekeeping duties
High School or GED and prior customer service experience in a fitness environment. AED/CPR required.
This is a part time position weekday evenings and weekends.